Wednesday 6 February 2013

Cake Guest of The Month: Victoria Sponge by Phil

Hello readers! As it is a new month, I thought I would try a new idea. A new cake idea. The only thing is, this is not going to involve Jaffa cakes! My friend Phil recently baked a Victoria sponge. This was his first ever cake apparently and I loved it the second I tasted it. Succulent, sweet, sensational moist texture with smooth strawberry jam in the middle. A lot of thought went into this cake and The fact that Phil had decided not to include cream made this a simple yet substantial after dinner sweet, that goes down well with a mug of English tea. The only minor downside to this creation is the icing sugar was placed on the top of the cake before, not after being baked, therefore it did not have that 'frosty' coating. I rate this cake 7/10 and look forward to eating a cake baked by Phil again!

No comments:

Post a Comment